Mark your calendar: >>School Calendar
- Facebook pages:
- Delisle Sports and Recreation
- Delisle & District Community Events
- Delisle & District Recreation Association
- Laurali Fehr's Music for Young Children
Studio is now taking registrations for
children ages 5-8 for the Fall 2014 school year. Laurali teaches a program called
Music for Young Children® which teaches children in exciting group classes! Children learn the joy of music learning foundational keyboard, rhythm, ear-training, sight reading, music theory and composition. MYC empowers children to create, play and enjoy music in a fun, dynamic setting! Give your child the music experience of a lifetime! Contact Laurali Fehr, 306-261-6440 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Before & After School Child Care – I am thinking again about starting up Before & After School Childcare in September and was wondering if there would be enough interest. It would be located at the Community Chapel across from the school. I would be able to watch your child for a maximum of 3 hours a day (government regulations) so, if this works and I have enough children I would like to give it a try. Please phone or email me, Ruth Shostal @ 306-668-4465 or email@example.com
A Message from Prairie Spirit: Bus Cancellation Notices
We are concentrating on our website as the most accurate and up-to-date communication tool to notify parents of bus cancellations. All bus cancella-tions are prominently posted on the Prairie Spirit website (www.spiritsd.ca) by 7:00 a.m. each school day. Only rural busing students will be called by their bus driver in the event of a cancellation; in-town busing students must consult the website for cancellation notices.
Cancellation announcements are also provided to FM radio stations: The Bull 92.9 and C95 and AM stations: News Talk 650 CKOM and CJWW 600.* >> read more in the newsletter
The school is always looking for volunteers in the following ways: helping in the library with shelving and displays (9-9:30 daily) or with our Breakfast program. A detailed note was sent home separately outlining the various ways to support this program- serving, clean up, baking, donations. Each and every child benefits from the Breakfast program in one way or another so please help us out with your support too! The library program and breakfast program are two easy ways to meet people, support our students and stay connected to the school and community. All training is provided and no previous experience is required! Give us a call if you are interested in any way. 306-493-2451
Sign-up Form to Volunteer to help out with the Wellness Program
Books are available for parents as well. >> click here for some book titles
At the end of the school day, we would like to keep the front of our school reserved ONLY for Kindergarten-student pick-up. To reduce the high traffic and ensure everyone’s safety, we are asking that you find a meeting spot with your children other than the benches at the front entrance of the school.
Allergen Aware School
We continue to be an allergen aware school as we have students who have a life threatening allergy to peanuts and nuts. Please do not send any peanut butter or products that contain peanuts/nuts to school in your child’s lunch kit. The list of ingredients should always be read on any prepackaged lunches and snacks.
- TRAGEDY IN THE CLASSROOM - How food in the classroom can endanger allergic children - http://www.allergymoms.com/classroom.pdf
- Food Allergy Action Plan - http://www.foodallergy.org/files/FAAP.pdf