Work From Home
Prairie Spirit technology encourages staff to make use of the business and learning apps implemented within our environment. In the area of video conferencing and related tools we recommend Microsoft Teams and Google Meet as listed below. Although popular, Zoom has many privacy issues that have been exposed this past week. We do not endorse storing or sharing files on Zoom and advise caution when clicking on links within Zoom.
Please continue to check https://www.spiritsd.ca/trusted for apps that are trusted by Prairie Spirit or to make a request for an app to be scanned and added to the list.
Level 1 Recommended Applications
Levels explained: https://www.spiritsd.ca/trusted
Access your files and email with Office 365.
Connect using video and voice conferencing tools with Microsoft Teams for Office 365.
A Prairie Spirit integrated alternative to Office 365: G-suite
Build a WordPress blog for your next class: Prairie Spirit WordPress
E-portfolios for learning: FreshGrade
Prairie Spirit Home Learning Supports Libguides
Guides for Level 1 Applications
The resources below provide additional supports for using these digital tools for learning and working online.
Microsoft – Teams Chat and Meetings
- Step 1: Start a chat
- Step 2: Schedule a meeting
- Step 3: Messaging and File Sharing
- Step 4: Teams Etiquette Guide (mute your microphone before joining a call is most important)
- Step 5: Create a Class
- Step 6: Add Videos to Teams
- Step 7: Student Sign-In
- Step 8: Microsoft Teams Tips
- Record a Whiteboard in Teams
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Teams
- Sign up for free training on Microsoft Teams for Education
- Staying productive while working remotely with Microsoft Teams
Microsoft – Class Notebooks
Microsoft – Office 365
Google – Classroom
Google – Meet
Google Teach From Home
- Google Teach from Home – A hub of information and tools to help teachers during the COVID-19 crisis.
Minecraft for Education
- Minecraft for Education – Students read and then show what they learned by building it!
Additional guides can be found at https://spiritsd.ca/technology/#guides.
For archived webinars, visit the Tech Help Stream Channel at https://www.spiritsd.ca/THStream.
Support continues to be available through the Prairie Spirit Help Desk.
Submit a ticket at the Web Help Desk.
Call the Help Desk at 306-683-2931 and leave a message for call back.
Email the Help Desk at email@example.com.
Contact tech staff on Teams.