INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BOOK PROGRESS MEETINGS
- Go to the following link https://delislecompositeschool.coconutcalendar.com/ Online bookings will start at 9:00am on Nov. 14/14 and close on Nov. 19/14 at 9:00pm.
- Select Parent/Teacher/Student Progress Meetings.
- Parent/Teacher/Student Progress Meetings – arrow over and change the date to November 20th.
- Along the top select the teacher that you would like to meet with. Then select a time available and enter your information. If you are using your phone and are unable to see all teacher’s names, rotate your phone.
October 2014 Newsletter
Severe Weather and Bus Cancellations:
- Bus Drivers will call rural students to inform them of bus cancellations.
- All Prairie Spirit School Division bus cancellations are prominently posted on the Prairie Spirit website (www.spiritsd.ca/Buses) by 7 a.m. each school day. Please keep in mind that you will need to refresh your computer in order to ensure you are able to see the most current updates to the website.
- Prairie Spirit has a new bus hotline: 306-683-2805 that will list bus cancellations every day.
- The following radio stations will also make sporadic announcements of bus cancellations in our school division: The Bull 92.9 and C95 (FM) and CKOM 650 and 600 CJWW (AM).
- Prairie Spirit School Division Rural Bus Cancellation Policy
Health Promoting Schools
The HPS Team is once again supporting our students with healthy treats and fruit once a week in the morning, and supporting our extra curricular teams with snacks. Educating students to make healthy choices in their food decisions is a major goal of the Team. Previously, we sent home some recipes and this month, attached to the newsletter, is the Misleading Food Claims document. We invite you to read and discuss the document.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
PowerSchool is the program that we use in the school to record student attendance and all assessments/tasks/marks. Many of our students visit the program regularly to check on their progress and the marks that have been entered. There is also a parent portal that you can have access to which would allow you to have all information as it is entered. You can check on your child’s attendance, or assessments for all classes and tasks that have been completed. It is a great tool to help you stay informed with how your child or children are progressing at the school. This portal will be more important for the 2014-15 school year, because DCS will only be sending out 2 printed progress reports, at the end of Semester 1 and at the end of Semester 2. With your access to the portal, you can see all information including comments made by staff members that have been entered in. With the Progress Report going home on Friday, you will find your Log In and Password information that will enable you to access this portal. On our school website, there will be more information, almost a how to guide, showing you how to complete your initial set up. Please contact us with questions regarding this portal and your set up.
>> PowerSchool Login: http://prairiespirit.powerschool.com
Wireless has now been fully activated in Delisle Composite
The students at DCS can follow the attached guide to connect to
the wireless. This information is also freely available by going
Rebels of the Month – We are proud to recognize
the accomplishments of students and staff at DCS >> READ